Skin contact with a liquid chemicals (such as pesticides) can be harmful if it is absorbed through the intact skin, or if the skin is inflamed or damaged by disease or injury.
The contaminated skin should be washed thoroughly with soap and water. If possible, water from a tap, a hose or a shower should be used to wash the body, or water may be poured from a bucket. Clothing should be removed carefully while bathing the skin with a stream of water.
Some poisonings such as Hydrofluoric Acid require special decontamination.